1. 55% of college students involved in organizations (Greek and non-Greek) experience hazing.
2. Alcohol consumption, sleep-deprivations, sex acts, and degrading acts are common hazing practices.
3. 25% of coaches/ advisors are aware of the hazing
4. More than 50% of hazing activities are posted online
5. 95%+ of hazing victims do not report these acts
6. 47% of students experience hazing BEFORE college!
7. 44 States have laws against hazing
8. For the past 41 years, there has been at least one hazing-related death per year
9. 82% of hazing-related deaths involve alcohol
10. The hazing-related death toll for Greeks stood at 96 as of February 2010.
**TO REPORT HAZING, CALL THE NATIONAL ANTI-HAZING HOTLINE AT 1-800-NOT-HAZE, OR SPEAK WITH YOUR ORGANIZATIONS ADVISORS AND ADMINISTRATION.**
To find these facts and more, visit:
Click to access hazing_in_view_web.pdf