Whether you are staying close to home or venturing far across the oceans, we would like you to be prepared to travel with ease and enjoyment. Here are a few tips to keep things affordable and fun!
Before you leave:
- Read Traveler Reviews
- Pack comfortable walking shoes
- Pack light (you can always do laundry and buy new clothes when you arrive)
- Email or print your itinerary (if you don’t have one, make one!) This will have:
- hotel information, phone numbers, attractions, and transportation info.
- Add your destination’s weather to the weather app
- Roll, don’t fold clothes- prevents most wrinkles and saves space
- Look over TSA guidelines before packing and make sure you are adhering to the luggage guidelines of the airline.
- If possible, check-in as soon as you can to get the best boarding time
- Pack hand sanitizer and use it after touching your seat and accessories.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Copy of your passport in case you lose it
- Pack extra zip lock bags
- Never check-on essential items
- (Passport, keys, credit card, ID)
- Pack snacks! Snacking allows for less stops for food and is more affordable if prepared beforehand rather than bought at a gas station.
- Wear layered clothes while traveling so that the difference in temperature from place to place doesn’t catch you by surprise.
Once you arrive…
- Find a local grocery store and buy food. This method is usually a lot more cost effective than eating out.
- First thing you should do is pull back the sheets and look for traces of bedbugs. Never put your bag on the bed but put is on something elevated. Avoid puttingclothes into the dresser drawers.
- If abroad, instead of calling friends/family back home. Use FaceTime or FaceTime audio when you have wifi.
- Use Apps to help pass the time and to find more resources for maps, reviews, and travel guides.
We wish you safe travels and fun-filled adventures!
~The Greek Gear Team